Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Believe

The following was forwarded to me via email. I loved it so much I thought I would share.

Credo

I believe in the cave paintings at Lascaux, the beauty of the clavicle, the journey of the salmon.

I believe in all the Gods - I just don't like some of them.

I believe the war is always against the imagination, is recurring, repetitive, and relentless.

I believe in fairies, elves, angels and Boddhisatvas, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

I believe Raven invented the Earth and so did Coyote. In archeology lie the clues. The threshold is numinous and the way in is the way out.

I believe in the alphabets, all of them, and the stories seeping from between their letters.

I believe in dance as prayer, that the heartbeat invented rhythm and chant -- or is it the other way around?

I believe in the wisdom of the body.

I believe that art saves lives and love makes it worth living them. And that could be the other way around, too.

- Judith Roche

No comments: