Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Intro but no spection?


So I started this blog with the full intention of posting regularly, but that hasn't happened. During a conversation, a co-worker made the observation that I often had deep and profound things to say. Go figure. Little ol' me. So I figured I might as well join the rest of the world and start blogging. Coincidental to the starting of this blog, however, all deep and profound thoughts seemed to completely disappear from my head. Ironic you might think, but that sort of thing happens to me all the time.
I still don't feel like I have anything immensely profound to say, but figured I would just start talking and maybe something interesting would reveal itself. I guess with the new year coming and it generally being the time for resolutions and changes in one's life, that it would be a good time to take stock of where I am , where I am going and where I want to be. What I do know is that I really want things in my life to slow down enough for me to get organized and get a handle on things. Work has been so insanely busy that the stress and chaos of it just follows me home. I find that I am disorganized and just ineffective in my use of time. So I guess that's one New Year's Resolution for me.
New Year's Resolution 2 would be to focus more on my meditations and spiritual studies. I read a blog recently which talked about using daily visualizations, affirmations, and meditations to manifest happiness in your life, among other things. There wasn't any new insights in this blog that I haven't already heard or read before. But for whatever reason, this was the right time for me to really hear it and take it to heart. Ever since then I have been attempting to incorporate positive thinking and positive affirmations in my life every day. With amazing results I must say. I have been happier and less stressed these past three weeks than I have been all year. Armed with this new "ability," I am motivated to continue and increase my efforts at inner peace and stress reduction in my life.

No comments: